Elite Basketball Trainer Wanted
Elite Basketball Training is expanding and is looking for well qualified basketball trainers to aid in their growth. We have fast become the area leader in personal and small group basketball skill development and basketball sports performance training. Our mission is to provide basketball players with the tools to elevate their games and become Elite both on and off the court and we have become known for delivering the most thorough basketball training experience in New Jersey.
Position: Basketball Trainer
Basketball trainers are knowledgeable and passionate about basketball skill and athletic development and are willing to share their knowledge with players of all ages and skill levels from beginner to professional. Basketball trainers design and implement personal and group training programs for players who want to improve their skills and monitor the progress of their players throughout these programs helping them elevate their games and become Elite. Consequently, the job of a basketball trainer is a rewarding one, as it affords you the opportunity to work with and advance the lives, skills, and athleticism of young basketball players in our area.
Salary and Wages
Trainers will be paid a minimum of $15 per hour and as much as $25 per hour depending upon their level of experience. Trainers will be paid on the 15th and 30th of the month.
- High School Diploma. College Diploma is preferred.
- Minimum age of 20 Years old
- Coaching or training experience of 2 years.
- Passionate and energetic about basketball with the willingness to share that passion
- An excellent communicator
- Organized, responsible, and self motivated.
- You must want to be there and provide the same energy to the last clients as you did with the first clients of the day.
- Motivational. A large majority of players are training with us to be motivated. This does not mean they need to be yelled at but rather encouraged and corrected in a honest and frank manner.
- Has the ability to manage time effectively. Time can easily get away from you. A good trainer will know when to move on from one skill or drill to the next.
- Flexible working hours with the ability to work on weekends.
- 2 years of coaching and/or training experience. Having your former employer or coach as a reference will be helpful.
- Outgoing both on and off the court. You must have the ability to communicate the skills being trained to the players through cueing and also recap those same skills to the parents at the end of the workout. In many cases, homework is prescribed in order to keep the development progressive. Be able to assign this homework.
- Expertise in the fundamentals of the game of basketball with the ability to lead personal, group, and/or large clinic workouts.
- Willingness to continue to learn and grow as a trainer through research and attending clinics.
- An understanding of sports performance training, nutrition, and injury prevention and how they all relate to a player’s ability to perform on the court.
- The ability to pass an FBI background check.
- The ability to train weeknights and Saturday mornings at either the Red Bank and/or Edison, NJ locations.
- Experience and a college or professional player
- Personal trainer or performance coach certification
- College degree
- Existing clientele and/or connections that will aid in the expansion of Elite Basketball Training.
- The ability to convey your thoughts effectively about basketball skill development, sports performance training and/or nutrition in writing.
- A general knowledge of video editing with the ability to create videos for the Elite Basketball Training website or Youtube page.
- Contact me (Rich Stoner) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, linkedin profile, writing samples, video samples, etc.
- If you are qualified and deemed a good fit for our company, you will be contacted within a week of your email to either set up a sit down interview.
Top applicants will be given the opportunity to execute a demo training session of at least an hour, potentially longer. This is the time to show me who you are as a trainer and what you can deliver to my Elite Basketball Training client base.
After evaluating your demo workout I will determine the top applicants and at this time ask for a background check. I am searching for one to two more trainers at this time.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Please feel free to pass this post along via email or social media to other potential trainers who might be interested. If you currently do not fit all of the criteria as outlined above, this is not the end. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at this time and express that in your email. I will keep your information on file for future expansion as Elite Basketball Training continues to grow.